Thursday 14 March 2013

What's in my Make Up Bag?

As I mentioned in my last post, I have a relatively streamlined 'everyday' make up bag. I keep all of my bright eye shadows, sparkly mascaras and impulse buy products kept separately so they don't slow down my morning routine- with a two year old on the rampage, every second counts!
So what do I keep in my make up bag?
Base.
Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. This is my one luxury item, I adore it. It makes my face feel as though it's been air brushed and gives a perfect, lightweight cover. 
Natural Collection Shine Away Foundation. I'll admit I don't wear this every day, but it lives in my make up bag for those days when I need a bit more coverage than the Mac Powder supplies. It's a creamy, matte liquid, and gives me some extra confidence on bad skin days.
Natural Collection Cover Up Stick. I like this concealer as it comes in a nice pale shade and glides on really easily. 
Maybelline Dream Soft Blush. I love this blush- it's so natural looking and feels light on the skin. It has appeared to last forever, and lasts well on the cheeks too. It's my first foray into cream blushes, and I am very impressed with Maybelline's offering.

Eyes.
MUA 3in1 Eye Liner. I wrote about this product here.
Lacura Mascara. This was a very pleasant surprise. Under the £3 mark in Aldi, and in my opinion rivals Benefit's Bad Gal mascara. Sadly only comes in a small tube, but lasts well. 
Barry M White Eye Pencil. I love this on my lower water line to make my tired eyes look more awake. Does exactly what I want it to and doesn't crumble.
Natural Collection Auburn Brown Lip Liner. No link available for this one, but this is the pencil I use on my eyebrows. I find lip liner to be softer and smoother to apply than eyebrow pencils, and look more natural for me.
Unknown brand Mascara. This was given to me at Christmas in an eye make up set, and it's such a shame I can't track it down to buy individually as it's a really lovely mascara. It's so volumising and doesn't clump, I'll be sad to say goodbye to it.
No 7 Eyeshadow Single. I have this in a very pale cream colour that I use as a highlighter on my brow line and around my inner eye. It's an okay product, but to be honest I wouldn't consider it any better than cheaper brands. 
Collection Eye Shadow in Baked Bronze. I use this mainly for contouring but occasionally use as an eye shadow for a more dramatic evening look. It has a lovely shimmer and is well pigmented for a true to display colour. 

Lips.
Collection Lipstick in Valentine. I LOVE this lipstick. It's the perfect colour and texture, has a pleasant smell and taste and is an absolute steal at £2.99. I'd happily pay far more for this, it's the best red lipstick I've ever owned.
Revlon Just Bitten in Gothic. I use this lip stain to line and fill my lips before applying lipstick over the top. It's a long lasting lip stain but doesn't dry the lips. It's a good colour, and compliments my lipstick well.

Bits and Bobs.
Hair bands. 
Hair scissors.
Make up brushes.
Pencil sharpener.
No7 Protect Perfect Night Cream. Ok, so this doesn't exactly live in my make up bag, but it is an every day essential. It smells lovely and absorbs very quickly into the skin. It was bought for me as a gift and although I would never have thought to buy it for myself, I'm now very attached to it! A little goes a long way, and I love the way it makes my skin feel hydrated before I go to bed.

That's a little peep into what goes onto my face everyday, what are your daily essentials? Do you keep them separately from your make up collection as a whole?




3 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog!
    xx

    www.desdemonavintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Just Bitten Balm in Gothic is really pretty, I probably should give it a try :)
    Quick question: how do you apply the Maybelline cream blush?

    ps. I adore the layout of your blog!! it's so cute :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just made a little post about the blush, have a little peek :)
      And thank you very much!

      Delete