Wednesday 13 March 2013

Hardest Working Items in my Wardrobe.

Now, everybody has their fail safe clothes; the fat day outfit, the last minute drinks with friends outfit, the food shop at midnight outfit, the 'I feel pretty and want the world to know it' outfit... These items are worth their weight in gold and usually end up being worn to death.
Here's a little peek into the hardest working items in my arsenal.

I bought these in Midwash recently, and I'm now a jeggings convert! They are so comfy and soft, and stay up like no other jeans I've ever known. I love that they never sag at the knee and the colour means they can be dressed up or down with ease. For £10 a pair, I can see myself stocking up on these in the near future.

I adore leopard print, I can't help it, I do. I see it as a neutral that I can wear with anything and I often do! These shoes are a lovely height, they can be danced in all night without any hassle and are low enough that I don't feel silly when I wear them during the day time. They're currently in the sale, and the price is ridiculously low for such a brilliant pair of shoes.



Now this isn't the actual pencil skirt I own. The one that I put through it's paces is from Primark and was a purse tickling £7. Annoyingly, Primark don't have a website to link to, but this Marks and Spencers version is also very tempting. I wear quite a lot of navy as it feels fresh and clean but not as harsh as black which makes it easier to wear for the day time. I tend to wear it with a tucked in tshirt, wide red waist belt and red ballet pumps- it's a pulled together but easy outift and is perfect for those occasions when everything else is too smart or too casual.

I wear a bandana most days. I mainly wear either navy, leopard print or black and white and they go with everything. It adds a little sprinkle of rockabilly to an otherwise fairly boring ensemble, and also has the added bonus of making my usual mangled bee hive look a bit more pulled together. 

As I've mentioned before, I live in cardigans. The one above is in Powdered Beige, and is the perfect shade to throw on over anything and keep warm on chilly days. I also regularly wear navy, black, leopard print and lime green friends of this one and, again, am pleased by how well they accentuate an outfit without covering too much of it.

I'm rarely seen without my lipstick; even if I'm not wearing any other makeup, my lips are always liberally coated with a flash of red. I feel undressed without it, and was over the moon when I found this perfect shade for my skin tone for £2.99! It's creamy, long lasting and not too shiny- I can't fault it. I always line and fill my whole lip with a red lip liner before applying the lipstick and rarely need to reapply throughout the day/night. Bargain.

I love this t-shirt. It's a great quality and in a men's Medium it fits me perfectly and sits nicely to stop me looking shapeless, which unfortunately some t-shirts don't manage on my frame. Another bargain, and fast becoming one of my most worn items.

Dorothy Perkins Blue Gingham Dress.


Sadly, this dress is no longer on sale so I can't post a link. This is the most worn dress I own, I can scarcely remember life before it! It's a perfect cut and fit for my figure and flatters and flares in the right places. The gingham is, I admit, a love or hate pattern, but I find it looks so crisp and it's a firm favourite for picnics and pub lunches in S/S. We're coming up to our third summer together, and I still love it as much as the day I bought it home.

Well that's my tribute to the go-to items that get me through days I'd otherwise spend in my pyjamas, wailing about how my over flowing wardrobe contains no clothes, what are your most hard working clothes?




3 comments:

  1. OMG! I love leopard print too. Those shoes are hot hot hot. I have seen nothing like this pair before. The leopard shoes I have seen just look tacky, cheap, and usually have six inch heels. I actually like all the items in this post. We have similar tastes. Thanks for the follow. How can I follow you? I cannot find a "join this site" on your page.

    http://strawberryheartschocolatedarts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete